A mesa 415 str blue label questian .

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cremona

Reaction score
Hi all

I was worried that the old tubes in my amp came are giving up, so i bourght 4 new in box mesa 415 str`s for my simul c+ with the 105 tranny.

Now I thought i had made sure i got the right ones this time, but I then started reading about the color codes mesa puts on the tubes and got confused.

I intend to use them all in my amp , and not run 6ca7?s in the outer sockets for now , and im alwasy playing the amp in simul class mode.

Am i good to go or should i have gotten some with a different colour code ?

Here are the tubes , http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280584857490&ssPageName=ADME:L:COSI:GB:1123

Thanks

You are good. The blue ones were the newer issue of the STR 415's. I had bought a quad of STR 415's with green labeling back in May, and was worried about the fact that I had only seen the blue ones. That concern was put to bed, when I was told that the green labeled 415's were just a bit older than the blues. You got a great set of tubes, at a fair price. I actually just picked up a matched set of greens for $60 shipped.

Those "blue" and "green" STR-415s have nothing to do with the color codes on newer Mesa tubes. The color codes came way, way later and way, way after STR-415s were not even offered by Mesa. :D

Back