5:25 Demo or 5:25 Plus 1x12?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nklay1

Reaction score
I found a great deal on a new demo Express 1X12 (2011 model) but I am very intrigued by the new Plus model. I wanted to get everyone's opinion if the Plus model is worth the extra $300-$400 .

Let me preface this by saying I have never tried the plus models. Having said that, the original 5:25 is such a great amp, I would personally save the extra $$$ and just get the older model.

That is, in fact, what I did -- I bought 2 of them, a 5:50 1x12 and a 5:25 1x10, for roughly $125 more than the price of one new Express 5:50+ 1x12.

The Express 5:50 has been my main amp for four years. I would not pay $300+ more for the features added to the Plus models but I'm not a tweaker. The 5 band EQ and channel selectable wattage are for fine tuning but don't significantly change the amp. The solo boost is cool but I already have ways to do that. They say the clean channel is improved, but the first generation is fantastic, I've never thought it needed improvement, so for me it's a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

So if I was buying new of course I would get the Plus. But I am very happy with my amp and I would buy the used one.

Dissenting opinion: I think the added features make an already excellent amp even more useful/worthwhile. Yes, I'd spend the dough for the plus ...that's me, but you asked :)

Edward

Latest posts

Back