2:100 faceplate bent- removal and fix or get a new one

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MRX2099

Reaction score
OK, I hate to vent on this one but I really hate it when someone tell you their stuff you are buying is in "Perfect" condition and when you get it its bent and the road case is really messed up that it was in, but the box it was shipped in is in perfect dondition, like they dropped it before, and lied to you, anyways I got a 2:100 used the front faceplate is bent around the rackmount "ears" its really heavy duty aluminum . I tried to remove it to straighten it up, got all the screws/allen screws removed I removed the nuts that holds the on/off standby switchoff (dude what type socket fits those its so hard to get in there) anyways I removed the bulb but there is a outer ring that seems to be the last thing that holds the faceplate on nothing I could find would get in there to twist it off (also to keep from breaking the bulb , does it screw out or pull out), will I be able to purchase this outer front metal faceplate from Mesa Boogie by itself or will I have to fight more to try and get it removed to straighten it myself so it will actually fit in another rack mount case that I have to buy..

TKS

Jeff

Hi Jeff, Call Mesa , they might tell you what to do, It can be fixed, I think Mesa can replace the faceplate , I once had a 2:100 like yours never fixed it, sold it at 700 and then bought another one in mint condition, Mesa guys are great just call...

Back