• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1977 Mesa Boogie Mk I 60W w/Reverb/GEQ/Altec + 1x12 EVM cab

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rw4951

Reaction score
Hey there Boogie fans, here's the one that started it all. This is my 1977 Mesa Boogie Mark I 60W combo with matching 1x12 extension cabinet. The combo is a SSRG, (i.e. a Super Sixty Reverb GEQ), serial number A831. The combo has the optional Altec 417-8H speaker. The matching extension cabinet is loaded with the optional EVM-12L speaker. These two speakers sound really compliment each other, in my opinion. It comes with a pair of vintage Mesa 6L6 GC / STR 415 power tubes that are within 4mA of each other that self-bias to about 65%. The preamp tubes are a mix of newer JJ's and Mesa's. Original slip covers for the combo and extension cab are included.

I dropped this amp off at Mesa Boogie's headquarters in Petaluma for a full service/checkup by Mike Benedelli in October of 2013. Mike actually called me to discuss the work scope which I though was really cool, especially since he's the guy that most likely QC tested before it shipped in 1977! Filter caps were replaced, as well as anything else that was out of spec. Mike also recommended that the GEQ sliders be replaced with ones that would make the GEQ much more usable. I had also requested the popular "after the master" mod to the GEQ. He confirmed that he had already performed the mod to A831 during a previous visit to Petaluma. All the parts removed during checkup were returned to me and will be included, along with the service paperwork.

$2200 +$150 shipping CONUS Paypal Friends and Family. Regular Paypal OK if you add 3%. Please PM me with any questions.

Sold 1x12 extension cab w/Altec speaker. Combo now loaded with EVM12L.

Combo price $1700 + $75 shipping CONUS. PP'd friends & family or add 3% for regular PP.

Back