112 combo size

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the reason I'm asking is there is one for sale and they say it's standard size but it looks smaller to me it measures 23 in. wide is that what all the 112 combos measure.

There was talk a few months ago of Mesa producing a version of the ED that fits in a 5:50 sized combo. Maybe it's one of those?

Thanks guys I knew it looked smaller. I didn't have a chance to play it this weekend so hopefully this coming weekend I will. I'm curious if it will sound thiner with the smaller box.

Here's a pic of the meduim combo.Looks pretty sweet.
Dimensions at bottom of page.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ElecDyn112TB/

CMW1975 said:
Here's a pic of the meduim combo.Looks pretty sweet.
Dimensions at bottom of page.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ElecDyn112TB/

How did I miss this thread?

Looks sweet!

The only thing that would concern me is how open the back is. The large combos backs are not nearly that open. Not even close in fact.

I am real curious to hear one!

I wonder how much lighter it the small box combo is. The only reason I don't have an ED combo right now is the weight. I have 2x12 Trem-o-verb combo that is a real pain to carry around so I was looking for something lighter. The large box ED 1x12 combo is still very heavy. The smaller combo 1x12 might be just the ticket but if it does not have the slam of the large box 1x12 combo then I am no further ahead.

We need to hear from someone that has compared the two sizes. My dealer only has the larger 1x12.

Thats the one i saw. Unfortunately I had to work today so it won't be until next weekend at least until I can get back there and check it out but I have to assume its gonna sound different.

Definitely a big difference in backs for the two sizes. I wonder what the reason is for that? I can't wait to hear a side-by-side test of the two. And how much the 23" combo weighs, of course. :)

Every once in a while I play my ED through a 1x12 recto cab and it still sounds huge! So I think the size won't be so much of a difference as the open back being that wide open.

Latest posts

Back