• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Mesa Mark III or IV for the right price!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

needsmoregear12

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm still looking to buy my first boogie. As badly as I want a Mark III/IV, I cant justify paying the ridiculous price so many owners want to charge just because they know how badly someone like myself wants one. Ive seen some plain Mark III's with no EQ/Simul-class go for around $700, so please dont try and rip me off. I know what theyre worth, and I will not just hand out my hard earned money.

I currently have a Peavey 5150 212 combo and am no longer happy with it so am trying to sell it, once that goes I will be able to purchase the right amp for me.

Id REALLY love a Mark IV if anyone feels like charging a fair price, and if not, Id also love a Mark III with Simul-class, reverb, and EQ.

If you have any that you'd like to sell please contact me and we can see if its what I'm looking for, and then we can try and work something out.

Thank you very much and Happy Easter!

Your post is a bit off-putting. Most anybody on this forum sells their gear at reasonable and fair prices. If you're looking for a dirt cheap deal, youre going to get junk. Mesa amps are very high quality instruments and are priced accordingly. And if you know what they are worth, you would know that $700 for a Mark III is a very fair price for an amp of that caliber. If you feel a deal is unfair, no one is forcing you to buy. Keep looking and the right deal will come along.

avi8r2005 said:
Your post is a bit off-putting. Most anybody on this forum sells their gear at reasonable and fair prices. If you're looking for a dirt cheap deal, youre going to get junk. Mesa amps are very high quality instruments and are priced accordingly. And if you know what they are worth, you would know that $700 for a Mark III is a very fair price for an amp of that caliber. If you feel a deal is unfair, no one is forcing you to buy. Keep looking and the right deal will come along.

Maby you misunderstood my post.

$700 is a very good price for the Mark III. The thing is, Ive had people offer me their Mark III's in worst condition than the one that sold for $700, trying to sell it for $1300.

What Im getting at is that a lot of people tend to be rather greedy with the expected value of their amps, just because they say Mesa on it. I dont expect to find any Mark series for less than $650 (Probably in a worn out condition). Also, Ive seen DC-10 212 combos sell in 4/5 condition for only $600. I have people ask for $1500 in really awful condition.

I do understand that most are priced accordingly, I don't agree with others that ive spoken with that their price should go up a ridiculous amount every year rather than down, and I agree there are a lot of great deals to be had here. Just most of them aren't what Im looking for.

Thank you.

I just found a Mark IV for $950 in very nice condition.

I had another guy offer me his Mark IV for $1050 plus shipping.

And then Ive had others who ask for $1900 in complete sh** condition just cause its a Mark IV.

I hope you see what im getting at.

benjamin801 said:
http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=59373

^^^ buy this guy's Mark III. Blue stripe with GEQ. $750 shipped. That's a good price.

"buy this guy's Mark III." Haha its practically a demand from you! :lol:

Ive messaged him, thank you for the link! :D

Ive hit a financial road-bump and wont be able to purchase anything until I sell my 5150 212 combo... :(

When everything gets straightened out Ill be back on the market.

Thanks for all the offers, Ill gladly take you up on the right offer at the right time.

Back