• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Is this amp REALLY worth $3500?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No it isn't. I've seen them for sale locally for around 800. Great amp though, class A el84 sounds great with a strat.

That price is just crazy.

A REALLY sweet Custom Color Mav Head and matching Slant 2x12 was recently on Craigslist here for $1300/OBO. It started out around $1500 and was reduced a few times before it sold. Much cooler than that combo.

HA! I have looked at that Maverick listing several times. I can't imagine what made the poster put that price down. Just to reassure you of it's worth, last week I pick up a DEAD MINT condition Maverick 2X12 WITH an also mint heavy duty ATA case for $1,100.00 Did I mention the amp is freakin' mint? :mrgreen: I have been looking at Mavericks for a long time and have seen them as low as the $500-$600 for heads and up around $1,500 for combos like mine. Really, if you want one just wait til someone lists a fair price. They are out there.

btw, I thought the Trem-O-Verb was the all time best sounding clean on a Mesa before I purchased this amp. I am happy to say a Maverick blows the cleans on a TOV away. Stevie Ray Vaughn would be be jealous of my tone for sure. lol

I'll post pics tomorrow. (monday)

I love it when complete morons post stuff like that. "Dual Rectifier TUBE amp" Baaaahahahahaha!!!!!

But halfnote is right, those are AMAZING sounding amps.

i bought one just like that a couple months ago for $550.

good amp, weighs a ton. gain channel a little harsh, clean channel nice & "chimey".

Back