triaxis components values

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jumpinthefire

Reaction score
Hi everyone, first post here.

I'm the proud new owner of one of the first triaxis (t0060x)

The amp has seen better days

the previous owner replaced most of the capacitors with cheap chinese stuff and used wrong capacitance & voltage values everywhere.

I'm in the process of putting this thing back to stock. I'm wondering where can I find the values used by mesa ? The service manual & schema will give the capacitance, but unlike marshall schemas , max voltage specs are not indicated next to the components

I would like to know the voltage rating used by mesa for the caps in the switching matrix : caps c250 to c257 (manual says 15V circuit) and also the ratings for the caps on the tube board

the board has been damaged by poor soldering so I want to replace every cap as close to stock as I can & forget about it.

thanks in advance

Closest common electrolytic cap ratings are 16 or 25 volt. Though 25v may not physically fit...
Give Mesa a call. It is a current production model so they may have exactly what you need at a reasonable cost.
Good luck!

Thanks, I got the triaxis back up working on the rhythm and lead 2 modes after replacing the LEDs in 3 LDRs and re-soldering most of the stuff the previous owners / techs touched.

Sounds awesome ! I didn't realize how much I missed the boogie sound until it came back to life. Still have an issue with lead 1 that i'm looking into tomorrow. probably more leds or bad solders.

Does anybody have a clear pic of the a pre tx4 guts (especially the tube board & the connections to tx1)

I'm trying to reroute the cables as close to perfect as possible. The previous owner really made a mess before he gave up ( and sold it to me real cheap )

I guess i'm crazy, but its still a $2K preamp and I take pride in my work. It's not a fancy fender classic amp, but i think this thing deserves to be restored properly.

thanks

Back