Ebay Carnage!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RectoStudioGuy

Reaction score
Warning Graphic!!!
BentEar2.jpg

BentEar3.jpg

GlassDebris.jpg

UnsafePlug.jpg

Damage on delivery. Fortunately I live near Petaluma and the seller agreed to pay for the repairs. (I suppose that depends on the quote eh?)
BentFrame.jpg

BentEar.jpg

Geez, what did they do - roll it down a steep hill? :shock:

I think the repair bill has to be more than what you paid for it. Wasn't it insured? Should be the courier paying for it.

Some of the damage may have already been there - that plug is shifty looking!

Oh without a doubt, it'll be paid for. Saw the before pics, minus the plug, and it didn't look this way. Already spoke with the seller and it's getting resolved.

Jeez, what did he do... wrap it in toilet paper and send it?

Fed Ex trashed a Mark IV combo I sold to a guy in Canada. It had to of fallen from somewhere high up. That thing was way worse from what your showing here. In the end, it got sent to Mesa to be fixed and Fed Ex payed for the damages. The buyer was very patient, which was cool.

It'll be in Mesa shop on Monday for assessment so I'm not overly upset about it. I should've taken pics of the poor packing, was quite obvious that things were going to bad when opened.

Wowww... Makes you almost wat to cry :shock: Thank god it was insured and every one is acted mature about it :D , I've heard different stories..

RectoStudioGuy said:
not much more, just some bubble wrap and loose cardboard.

Then I sure hope it was not shipped UPS...they will almost always blame it on the shipper claiming "it was not packed properly".
Of course UPS loves that excuse even if it was packed in a foam lined concrete box! :lol: :roll:

I hope for your sake it was sent FedX or by almost anyone but UPS. Maybe then you (or the shipper) will get it covered and fixed.
Good luck with that! :)

That's just hard to believe with damage so wide spread that this was from a single drop.
It does look like it was rolled down a STEEP hill with all the expected bouncing and tumbling...

I hope all is well in the end.
If it were me, I'd have that thing going back asap.

Canadian Post, then onto U.S.P.S. (very poor choices) Fortunately, Rich at M/B has a new face in stock and it'll get ran through all the nessessary tests. Had the price not been what it was and living right near Petaluma I'd have returned it imediately. But the seller is fully on-board with utilizing the shipping insurance as well as covering any other fees. (obviously if there's internal issues that would be a game changer) I'll post the invoice when it comes back.

Always such a relief when this kind of problem is fixed. I had to deal with it a couple years ago. Mesa's customer service was great, and everyone was very patient.

Big relief and way cool that the seller was quick with the refund. In the end I only paid $95 for the power amp.

Back