Lonestar Custom value

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrowTRobot

Reaction score
Hi folks,

My dad passed away in August and being his only child, he left me all of his guitars and gear. I've sold off most everything. As I am not a guitar player and don't know if I ever will be. I kept the 2 guitars that make me think of him the most. I have held back on the Mesa Boogie, becuase I know it was the most valuable piece of gear he had. I am looking to sell (not here, not trying to circumvent the rules), but don't want to go in blind. I plan on using the money to buy a mandolin. My dad was very into Irish traditional. I had hopes of learning Irish mandolin and jamming with him.

From what I can gather from all the paperwork he saved, it's a Lonestar Custom originally built for Johnnie James' guitarist. I know the red Tolex and grill material are custom, not sure about the internals. He had some service done at an authorized service center. The main issue I am having, is that when I look at other Lonestars for sale or that have sold, they are either combo units or the head looks different (the metal panel stretches the length of the head on mine). So I have no idea what to price it as. Besides here of course, is there a preferred store that buys Boogies at a fair price?

Thanks for your help!

Edit: forgot the picture http://imgur.com/pDOsGsn

Latest posts

Back