Dual Recto slaved into Mark V

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barryswanson

Reaction score
I'm always trying to work out how to smooth out my Recto so I probably shouldn't have bought it lol But I was thinking about running it as a slave to my Mark V. What are the precautions I should take? My understanding is this.

Mark V >>>>>slave out>>>>>Recto FX return with both amp having to have speakers cabs connected to them. Anything else i should know?

So I was just laying in bed and reading the manual for my dual recto and came across the following;

Connect “Dummy” plug or loose cable to SEND jack. (This prevents any possible loading that could result in diminished RETURN sensitivity.)

This was in the section about using the recto as a power amp. What exactly does this mean?

It's a Multi-Watt so it should be serial, I think. Its under the "Output Control' section

Probably the send jack is a switched jack that disconnects the forward path. If you don't put a plug in it, you will backdrive the preamp output, which will load whatever is driving the FX return.

elvis said:
Probably the send jack is a switched jack that disconnects the forward path. If you don't put a plug in it, you will backdrive the preamp output, which will load whatever is driving the FX return.

I think you are right on.

Back