MARK5:25 mode – switching channels and modes via footswitch

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadrunner

Reaction score
Hi guys.
Just got a Mark5:25, love this thing.
The amp has 2 channels switchable with a footswitch and each channel has 3 modes switchable through the amp front panel only.
Now, since the modes switch is only a selector, selecting which preamp / circuit is ON and basically it is nothing but a selector of a dry signal (ON or OFF), I'm thinking to perform a mode to the amp and wire the front panel modes switching to a big footswitch ill build (6 switches for 6 sounds + 1 switch for the E.Q) so I can control not only channels switching but also modes from the floor.
Anybody thought of that, try that or something similar?
Thanks.

The different modes require different tone settings to optimize them, plus there's the issue of volume discrepancies. You could do it, but you probably won't be satisfied with the results.

Roadrunner said:
Yes im aware of the volume change and different tone settings and yet....
:?:
It's your amp, do as you wish, I just don't see the practicality in this.

Have you tried to simulate this manually? I mean, setup a tone you like in one mode, then switch modes and see if the tone works for you without changing anything. I know that is not the case with my MKV.

Dom

This question of switching modes on the same channel came up with the Mini Rec, and I remember reading that there's a bit more to it; something about dealing with relays or adding a relay(s). I don't know if the Mini Mark is the same, but if it is I suspect it's a bit more involved than simply wiring a switch. Call Mesa. They'll know.

There are reasons why this wasn't done to begin with...on all of our amps that feature different modes per channel : ) There is much more to it than just installing switches!

Also, be aware this will void your warranty...

Thanks!

What you are looking for is a Triaxis. It will do exactly what you are asking.
Either that or do what I'm planning. Buy a second Mark V:25 and set one up for Clean/Mark IIC+ and the other Crunch/Xtreme. Run them both through a GXC switcher with a stereo fx processor and viola, tone-gasms all around. 8)

KiwiJoe said:
This question of switching modes on the same channel came up with the Mini Rec, and I remember reading that there's a bit more to it; something about dealing with relays or adding a relay(s). I don't know if the Mini Mark is the same, but if it is I suspect it's a bit more involved than simply wiring a switch. Call Mesa. They'll know.
I asked the same question of my Express 5:50 (non-plus) version that I had a year or so ago. Owners were wanting to know why there was not a foot-switch for the 4 different modes. I don't remember the exact technical reason, but it was because there was more to it than just a switch.

Back