Strange writings inside Amps

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkAndy

Reaction score
Hey fellas,

Well recently I picked up a used stiletto deuce, super sweet amp it's my fourth mesa amp. I started out with an express 5 25 then traded to a single rectifier. Had to sell that due to some hardships. Within the last few months I came into some really sweet deals I ended up with a 3 channel Dual and on Monday I got the stiletto. Needless to say I am in amp heaven

Anyways I recall taking out the chassis on the single to convert the loop to serial and I came across the words "scrapple the apple" I wish I took a pic it was the oddest thing. Today I took out the chassis to the stiletto to see of there to make sure everything looked right. It did but I came across a question writen on the board "met misstones?" What is that all about? Anyone know? What about scrapple the apple? Just the ladies and gents at mesa havin a time? I just took apart my DR to see if there was anything like that. But there wasn't.

Interesting topic, i don't remember seeing anything on my dual rec board, perhaps i should look closer.

Yeah it gave me a chuckle when I found scrapple the apple. It would be cool to know if anyone else has anything similar. I kinda feel like my amp is way more custom now haha

I've heard of this before. I read it somewhere on the net about some similar weird **** written inside a Triaxis.

I read on (I think it was) the Telecaster forum, that Randall Smith listens to jazz music while he is designing PCBs. Whichever song he's listening to as he finishes, the title is written on all those model amplifiers' PCBs. I don't know if this is true, but Scrapple From The Apple is the name of a jazz song.

tonejam said:
I read on (I think it was) the Telecaster forum, that Randall Smith listens to jazz music while he is designing PCBs. Whichever song he's listening to as he finishes, the title is written on all those model amplifiers' PCBs. I don't know if this is true, but Scrapple From The Apple is the name of a jazz song.

You got it! The "cryptic writings" are actually screen-printed onto the PCB along with the component values, etc. (which are all hand-written by Randy) Most of the references are from classic jazz standards... Randy's true love. "Scrapple (from) the Apple"..."(Have You) Met Miss Jones?" Of course the Roadster needed a car reference, "Dis one fine auto"!!

Authorized Boogie said:
tonejam said:

You got it! The "cryptic writings" are actually screen-printed onto the PCB along with the component values, etc. (which are all hand-written by Randy) Most of the references are from classic jazz standards... Randy's true love. "Scrapple (from) the Apple"..."(Have You) Met Miss Jones?" Of course the Roadster needed a car reference, "Dis one fine auto"!!

Very cool! Thanks for making us privy to one of Randy's "quirks". It must be a blast working there!

What is it? Something like:

"HELP!! I'm being held prisoner in a
Petaluma guitar amplifier factory!"

My father once got some Michigan
license plates with a note:

"HELP!! I'm being held prisoner in a
Michigan license plate factory"

At the time, the license plates for the
State of Michigan were made by the
inmates of Michigan's Jackson Prison.

Altair-IV

Back