1993 Studio Caliber DC-2 Reverb

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davohilts

Reaction score
Hi,
I just got this amp and the reverb is really brittle and harsh, not lush as I was expecting. I have had the amp open the rotated the preamp tubes (JJ 12AX7's) with no impact on the reverb. I removed the tank and it is in good shape, no broken springs or wires. It is an american made accutronics 9AB2A1B and seems like original equipment, however it sounds really bad.
Anyone have any experience with this amp or boggie reverb in general? Do they all sound like this?
Thanks for any help.
Dave

I had a DC-3, very nice reverb good enough for surf music. I had to replace the tank but mine was clearly busted. The problem with mine was a harsh reverb tone and also the reverb control was turning the treble tones up and down too. Your tank could still be bad without looking broken. Try a search and see how to measure the the resistance at the input and output of the tank, that may tell you if its a bum. New tanks are not very expensive. Other than a new tank it would have to be in the circuitry somewhere.

Good luck

Latest posts

Back