Mesa Mark IV?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forty6and2

Reaction score
Hey all,

Im looking at getting a Mark IV and I came across this. What do you guys think? I don't know much about them. Is the wood version custom?? Based on my research, I believe its a B version. There seems to be more wires in the back on the bottom than I've seen on other IV's... maybe I'm just looking too hard at it? haha
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mesa-Boogie-Mark-IV-Short-Head-w-Footswitch-ATA-Case-/111005217374?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d86d325e

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks!

Hi!

Yes, that is a Rev. B. The wooden cab is custom, but it's homemade. Also, the "extra" wires in the back are for the reverb tank. Nothing out of the normal there.

I think the price is a little high. There are a lot of Mark IVs out there, and the non-Mesa cab turns me off a little. Ultimately, its up to you. If you think it's a good value, then it's a good value.

Oh, if you do buy it, have the seller keep the tubes in the amp. That's where they are the safest.

The wood cab is not made from mesa?? Hmmmmm. Also, dont have him take the tubes out before shipped?

I've had amps shipped both ways. Some have left the tubes in the sockets - with the clamps on them. Others have numbered them and then wrapped them in bubble wrap.

My habit has always been to bubble wrap them. Not sure if it's right or wrong.

Also, to second a prior opinion - the current bid does seem a little high. But, that's just my opinion. In actuality, it depends on what value you place on it.

Decided to pass on it...

Still looking for one though. Theres one on ebay but its for like 1900?? Dunno what that's about...

Are you looking for a head version only, or is a combo a possibility?

Latest posts

Back