Help me make a decision

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarchris76

Reaction score
I have a Stiletto ACE 1x12 combo now. I am not thrilled with it and would like something that weighs less so it is easier to move around the house. I am looking at a new Expredss 5:50 plus or a Mark V. I have seen different weights for the Mark so am not even sure this fits the bill. Whichever one I go with will be a trade in gear for the amp. The Express would be a G&L Legacy, my ACE a Fulltone Octafuzz and a Maxon SD9 and if I go with the Mark it would be all of the previous mentioned plus an ESP Eclipse. I play many different styles of music. Mostly instrumental stuff and only at home. There you have it. Any thoughts?

I split my LSC combo into a head and a cab because of the weight. Buy a head and a cab. It's more expensive but more versatile. You can mix and match cabs 4x12, 2x12, different speakers etc.

Have you think about a triaxis ? With any amp it's not more than 3 rack space, and not so heavy, add a small cab... Probably less than a mark V.

I went a totally different direction. I bought a Dr. Z Maz 18 Jr and a boutique cascading gain pedal from a local builder. I have found my "grailtone" I am mostly playing at home and this amp sounds amazing at any volume. I compared it in the shop to every Mesa made as well as a couple of Fuchs amps and the Dr. Z won hands down. Sorry Mesa, I have a new love.

Back