triple rec and mark iv together

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunil999

Reaction score
hey guys,,,
during recording i ran triple rec hard left and right
and mark iv in the center,,,sounds killer

but playing live ive noticed using 1 4x12 cab i run both heads using an a/b box...when individually played they sound big but when played together through 1 4x12...it sounds thin??
please let me know
thanks!!!

some sort of phase issue? try differant speaker leads, perhaps your cab is wired incorrectly out of phase.

Definitely a phase issue....the easiest solution would be to get an A/B box with a phase switch, but you can also do it by swapping the '+' and '-' terminals on one of the pairs of speakers.

I believe that two amp setups always run better with two separate cabs also :wink:

The issue I can see with re-wiring the cab to correct the amp phase is that the cab will now be out of phase with itself when used in mono, so if he ever just gigs a single amp he can only use half the cab, unless he were to pull the back off and re-wire it every time he switched configurations.

Just throwing that out there.

If you're going to keep A/Bing heads then having an A/B box with phase switch eliminates a lot of headaches.

thanks guys,,,,ill try this again when my oversized recto cab gets here...that should be wired ok since its brand new

^You have to understand...there is nothing 'wrong' with you wiring...different amps output signal in different phase...the two you are running just happen to be out of phase.

The recto cab will still have the same problem...you have to swap the phase on one of the amps so that they are pushing together, rather than out of sync.

Eric

I agree with the phase issue. But it could also be something with the AB box. Or the input of one of the amps too. But yeah, they sound awesome together. I run my Mark III and Tverb together alot. It rules.

Just use the Radial JS-X 2 switchbone. It will solve the phase problem and any ground issues.
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Switchbone/

If you want to switch via midi, use the RJM Y-Not. It also has a phase switch. I have both and both work flawlessly.

Back