Mesa Boogie Schematics

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rkorn

Reaction score
Hi, i've been searching for some time now...
Can anyone tell me where to find the schematics for an F-100 combo?

Mesa says its components last for at least 20 years... I can not believe this... as the amp is not what it once was as i have already said times and times again in the the F-series section.
If only i lived in the States and could easily take it to Mesa for a check up.

http://tubefreak.com/tubefreak.html

This guy has quite a few boogie schematics but no F-series. Maybe call boogie?

Whats going on with the amp?

Mesa has a lousy service outside the US.
already sent a mail but no answer... 3 weeks now....

Rkorn said:
Hi, i've been searching for some time now...
Can anyone tell me where to find the schematics for an F-100 combo?

Mesa says its components last for at least 20 years... I can not believe this... as the amp is not what it once was as i have already said times and times again in the the F-series section.
If only i lived in the States and could easily take it to Mesa for a check up.

Time for new tubes?

I have a hard time believing that Mesa's part DO NOT last for 20 years. I've owned 3 Dual Rectifiers from '95-'96, and they were still going strong.

Tolerances may drift over the years, but an F-100 isn't very old and shouldn't have parts degrading already.

My friends F-100 is from 2001!
All components will last 20 years, but like everything, they loose their capabilities.
The amps problem was lack of gain and volume. The amp sounded great, awsome tone, but it missed some gain and volume.
We opened the amp, removed all capacitors and resistors... went to hundred of stores till we found components like the ones from the amp.
Well, we found them and let me tell you... THE AMP SOUNDS HUGE again!!!
Its like paying someone to mod your amp, there are certain components they will change and the sound will change completely!
Except in this case we replaced everything by components with same electric values.
It's like new!!!

And Mesa say the amps last 20 years... they do, but do not sound the same!!!
If you open your amp the components do not rot and disappear, they loose their abilities and this is only normal! I believe that it is highly unlikely that any Mark I out there, will all original components sounds the same as did when new!

My problem was buying this stupid book that got me thinking... then I heard some videos, talked to some people and figured this was the problem...
Opened the amp, took to a tech to explain what was what! Every resistor value is written on it, then trying to find similar components.
Then taking it to someone who would solder better than me... The difference is VERY noticeable!!
I advise everyone to do it, instead of buying new amps, this would make those guys brings their prices down!!! I hope/think/wish

Latest posts

Back