The "Unofficial" TransAtlantic Thread!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teletalkin

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been tried yet but until this well deserving amp receives its own section.....lets share some TA-15 love!!

nov142010gear003.jpg

Absolutely LOVE mine!

First day with it, had to play through something... So my Valvetech Hayseed 30 (not a Vox) with 2 weber Alnico Blue dogs was the test cab... Man, the TA sounds GREAT through Alnico blues!
transatlantic.jpg

On top of it's "mate".. Someday to have a Weber Alnico blue in it. May try a Greenback for a while... But the MC90 sounds better than I expected it to.
transatlanticcab.jpg

Live at the gig Saturday
talive.jpg

and some clips (with the Weber Alnicos)..... Just some wankage, nothing serious. http://www.guitartest.moonfruit.com/#/transatlantic/4545332003

Sebber said:

I have that same setup minus the bottom cab. What a handy little head this thing is. Just used it to track a ton of guitars for a session over the weekend. All the modes were extremely useful. One of the best purchases I've made yet.

Tfunk Ian said:
Sebber said:

I have that same setup minus the bottom cab. What a handy little head this thing is. Just used it to track a ton of guitars for a session over the weekend. All the modes were extremely useful. One of the best purchases I've made yet.

Yeah I'm not doing any studio work at the moment, but I'm gigging regularly with it in a 5-piece band with a LOUD drummer at an outdoor venue. I've got to say the TA-15 through two 1x12 cabs (un-mic'd) is more than capable of keeping up with the band in both 15 and 25W modes and it sounds absolutely fabulous.

I've gone from lugging heavy and awkward 2x12 combos around to gigs (before the TA-15 my main gigging amp was a Lonestar Special 2x12 combo, which I've still got. Before that it was a VOX AC30 2x12 combo, also still got. Before the VOX it was a Marshall TSL 212 combo, no longer have it...) to using the TA-15 with these two 1x12 cabs, and it's an absolute pleasure: I turn up to the gig with the TA-15 slung over my shoulder and a 1x12 cab in each hand, it couldn't be easier!

I've got to say, massive props to Mesa for coming out with this amp, it's in a different league to the other lunchbox amps like the Tiny Terror and Night Train, and it's nothing short of miraculous that they've managed to squeeze so many great tones, and so much great functionality into this tiny, cool looking amp. In my opinion the TA-15 is the greatest new piece of guitar-related equipment since Fender released the Stratocaster in the '50s.

Here's mine,This cab gives a tighter more defined modern vibe for it, I also use it with a gutted Supper reverb cab with two blue frame alnico Jensens and two Ceramic celestions ,one a 65 and the other a 70 for a looser more vintage sound ( though its not as prety as this VibroKing Extension cab

011_crop.jpg

Latest posts

Back