Why no category for the California Tweed Amp series yet?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just brought home a CaliTweed and immediately found this board to talk about my new amp. To my dismay, I see there is no sub-forum for the amp. I second doublescale1's request, it sure would be nice to share experiences about the Cali.

Hi -- you should just share your stuff in this part of the forum. There's no Rocket, Mesa SOB or Subway sections either but we have managed to talk about them here over the years. In the end, it's all locatable from the search function.

How much of a sonic difference will I hear if I change out the stock C90 speaker in my old Mesa 27" wide 1X12 for a Jensen Blackbird Alnico (40 or 100) to go with my CaliTweed 440 head. I got that cab back when the TA15 first came out as the cab to go with that amp. It's 27" wide because is was for the Lone Star Classic head at the time, and that's what the dealer had in stock. It's a great sounding cab that can fill a stage with great tone. I know it's a subjective kind of call but will a Jensen Blackbird Alnico sound all that much different?

Back