Mesa Custom Options...UPDATE

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G.I.G.

Reaction score
I have major GAS for a new Roadster, but I was wondering about custom options and had a couple of questions.

1. When you order customer options, do you place the order through Mesa to have them send it to you directly, or do you have to go through an authorized dealer?

2. Who do you call at Mesa to ask about custom option prices and specifics?

I would like to order a Roadster with a chrome chasis and an all black, diamond plate front panel (not half tolex, half diamond plate like the stock head). I would like it to look similar to the old 2-channel dual rec with the optional black diamond plate/chrome chasis option.

G.I.G. said:
I have major GAS for a new Roadster, but I was wondering about custom options and had a couple of questions.

1. When you order customer options, do you place the order through Mesa to have them send it to you directly, or do you have to go through an authorized dealer?

2. Who do you call at Mesa to ask about custom option prices and specifics?

I would like to order a Roadster with a chrome chasis and an all black, diamond plate front panel (not half tolex, half diamond plate like the stock head). I would like it to look similar to the old 2-channel dual rec with the optional black diamond plate/chrome chasis option.

you usually order it through your dealer, BUT your best bet would be to call Mesa directly and discuss what you want to get a dead accurate idea of price and build time. At least thats what I would do.

You can check out some of the custom options on the price sheet stickied at the top of this forum section. But I think you'll see that nothing your hoping for is offered. And although they do have custom options, I don't see them as a custom order type of shop, a little too much volume going through there at this time! Good Luck, and do try calling them on this!

I just got off the phone with someone in customer service at Mesa/Boogie. They said that they cannot do the chrome chasis option on the Roadsters and Road Kings because they have aluminum chasis, not steel like the Dual and Triple Recs. He did say they could probably do the full diamond plate option on the Roadster though.

Gives me a little more to think about....

I just got off the phone with Chris at Mesa/Boogie. He said that you can not order a Roadster with a full diamond plate front pannel or with a front grill (like a dual or triple recto). I was looking to maybe custom order a roadster because the half tolex/half diamond plate look is kind of a turn off for me.

Whoever I talked to a couple months ago at Mesa said they thought you could custom order one with a full diamond plate front pannel. Maybe I'll get another answer if I call a third time....

Have any of you custom ordered an amp from MB and do you remeber who you talked to about it? I'm looking to get a more concrete answer from someone at MB. I'm assuming that the Roadster shares the same demensions and/or chasis as the Road King (which is available with Diamond Plate and a front grill), so why wouldn't the Roadster be available in those same options????

Can anyone help clear this up for me?

Thanks.

I custom ordered from a dealer in my town. They took care of ordering the custom options and getting in contact with Mesa. All of the custom options are on a sheet that the registered dealers should have. It's also on-line but i don't lnow how up-to-date it is. http://www.mesaboogie.com/gallery/customops/CustomOptionsOverview.htm As far as trying to change the appearance of that amp, I have no clue but hope it works out for you b/c i feel the same way about it. :shock: Good luck my friend.

-AJH

Thanks for the info AJH. And by the way, your recto is killer looking! I always wanted a recto with the chrome chasis.

I went to that link and it says that you CAN get the diamond plate front pannel for a Roadster. I don't know why Chris told me otherwise. I actually prefer the black diamond plate but I just don't like the half and half look of the Roadster head.

Again, it's not a big deal because the Roadster sounds killer and that's what's important. I just wish I could get a clear answer from someone at Mesa so when my dealer calls and someone says "No, we can't do that", I can come back and say "---- said they can do it".

Thanks man! Much appreciated my friend. Glad i could help a little, and if you do get one, be sure to post some pics, i'm sure i won't be the only one who will wanna see it...whatever it looks like! ( you are soo very right on what the amp sounds like is much more important than appearance! Plus, the Roadster doesn't look bad IMO, it would just possibly look cooler with a full DP faceplate ) 8)

-AJH

G.I.G. said:
I just got off the phone with someone in customer service at Mesa/Boogie. They said that they cannot do the chrome chasis option on the Roadsters and Road Kings because they have aluminum chasis, not steel like the Dual and Triple Recs. He did say they could probably do the full diamond plate option on the Roadster though.

Gives me a little more to think about....

I custom ordered through my dealer. I tried to get my RK with the chrome chassis, but I couldn't :cry:. I was pissed off and got everything black! :twisted:. So changed to black diamond plate for $150 bones. I also got to choose the kind of knobs, chrome or black. If I wanted the vents black or not and if I wanted the old Boogie or the new Mesa Engineering badge? I thought that was interesting with no additional charge. I see why its an aluminum chassis...it would be funkin' heavy!

Well if your handy with tools you could always make your own head "box" or whatever its called down the road. Just an idea.

That's good to know MetalMatt. Apparently I was a little misled when I called Mesa yesterday.

If you can get diamond plate on a Roadster (and a RK), why couldn't you get black diamond plate...or with vents???

I guess it depends on who you talk to at Mesa. Whatever the case, when I go to pull the trigger I'll do a little more homework on the whole situation.

Thanks for everyone's input!

Sorry to keep bringing this post back from the dead, but I think I have some better answers for those of us looking to buy a Roadster head with custom options.

I just got off the phone with Michael Taylor at Mesa/Boogie and he told me that I COULD order a Roadster head with a solid black diamond plate front panel and aluminum vents. I was told by Kris Dilbeck at MB that I couldn't do that.

Thanks to Tbone who mentioned he custom ordered a Roadster head through the hollywood store with those kinds of custom options. I had almost given up hope!

Anyway, my local dealer is looking into it some more for me. Hopefully my order comes through without a snag. I'll keep everyone posted....

Thanks AJH, I hope it works out too. I'll find out more today when I go back to my dealer. The other key question is how much extra is this going to cost me? I'm thinking about $159 according to the price sheet, but since what I'm asking for is a little different, it might be more or less.

Latest posts

Back