Black Face Dual ?'s

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loudgtrguy

Reaction score
Hello all. I've got a 93' Black Face Dual Rec. It's got fresh JJ's across the board. I'm haveing troble with level fluctuation(level dropping, mainly). Mainly at gigs,(at stage levels. Although, right now, I'm running pretty clean and quiet). I'm sure that it's something to do with the crappy AC at these clubs. But, the other string slingers in my band are using tube heads. And, they are not having near the trouble I am. Are these heads just unusually suseptable to unstable AC. Or could there be something going bad in the head. Transformer???? :cry: :cry: :cry: I'm looking into a Furman PF Pro R,(the one with the power reserve). But, that's a pricie item if it's not going to cure the problem. Any ideas anyone????
Thanks
LGG

Power fluctuations has only ever caused a bit of a change in tone for me, never output. I'd get the amp checked out....it is 13 years old, could be time for some general servicing.

How about switching rectifiers, from silicone to tubes? How about diagnoses for a bad volume pot? Try switching the effects loop on/off, thus making use of different pots for master volumes! How about cleaning the effects loop jacks? You know, it could still be a bad tube! Speaking of, did you replace the rectifier tubes?

Im taking a guess here, but I dont think your problem is going to be solved w/ a power conditioner.

Might be time to get her looked out (caps and transformers)

I have had this happen and it turned our to be the tubes for the effects loop. It would just cut the volume and stay low. I pulled the amp out of the chassis and looked it over and nothing. I put the chassis on top of a 4X12 and did a pencil tap and the V4 tube when tapped came to life, at a very loud volume might I add. I put a new one in and have not had a problem since.

Hope this helps.

I had these same symptoms in one of my rectos..It turned out to be the effects loop... try disengaging the loop and see if this problem happens...mine got so bad when you turned the loop on at all it futzed out after a few minutes...

Mine needed to be serviced

Back