I pulled the trigger on my 1st Mesa!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KingEdB

Reaction score
i want to start off by thanking everyone for their input!

after lots of research and trying out only a few. i hopped on a deal way too good to pass up.

2 weeks ago i got an email from a nearby shop saying they are going out of business. at the time i was completely undecided and not seriously looking into a specific brand/amp. since i was undecided and they're website didn't have much about their inventory i dismissed the sale.

the other day i was in guitar center getting some strings and a new strap. as i walked into the guitar section i hear someone playing (as usual). as i was picking out a strap i realized the sound was beautifully clean. initially i thought it was a fender, but when i walked over it was a mesa lone star special. i thought wow this amp sounds amazing. so i immediately look at the guitar he is playing. a les paul traditional! aww yeah.

i have heard nothing but good things about mesa. they were on the top of my list as is, but this put them at the top. then i looked at the price of the lss. $1800, doh!! not what i was looking to spend. so i left thinking i am going to look around and see what the used prices look like. used i seen them between $1200 and $1500. so much for the lss. i thought no big deal there are plenty of amps out there for $1000 or less. i am going to set my limit at $1000.

this pops up on craigslist from the exact shop that sent me the going out of business email..........

20081229_9_17.jpg

20081229_9_19.jpg

20081229_9_21.jpg

20081229_9_23.jpg

20081229_9_25.jpg

shes in my living room as we speak!!!!!!!

brand spankin new mesa boogie lone star special 4x10 combo. came with foot pedal, cover, all books and manuals including warranty. $1100!

my search has ended folks!! i could not be happier!!!!

Congratulations, that is a beautiful amp and a great way to enter the Mesa fold. My first Mesa was a Stiletto Deuce (1st version). The Stiletto was not for me, but it was a gateway amp that eventually led me to the Mark series. I have never been happier with my amplifiers, I now wish I could find a guitar that would make me just as happy! It looks like you got a great deal, I would love to eventually get a Lonestar. I am looking at F-series amps right now and hope to have an F-30 or F-50 combo within a week or two. BTW, here is a picture of my pride and joy, the Mark IV:

Congratulations,

It looks like you found a great deal on a great amp. Ive never played one of those but Ive heard great things about them.

Please post a tone report once youve got it dialed in some.

WOW!!! What a fantastic Mesa you got!! Congrats and welcome to the family 8) ! Please let us know how she sounds after you spend some with her.

indeed a great deal! (dumb question) Is it heavy? :lol:

kiff said:
indeed a great deal! (dumb question) Is it heavy? :lol:

it is not as heavy as it looks. the casters are great. they make moving it a cinch. i can pick it up with one hand, but i wouldn't be able to hold it for more than 15 feet before taking a rest.

ps

a tone report is coming soon. i have only logged about 6 hours.

thanks again guys!

Now that's a rare bird :eek: Great price too. That's quite a score! I think that qualifies as a "big pig". It even has pigskin :lol: Post your pig pics over here dude! http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=31043

I was reading your thread and noticed how you mentioned you first heard a LSS. It just so happened that I was in the Guitar Center in P-Cola FL on Christmas eve playing a used lonestar special with a ice tea color les paul traditional. I ended up buying both the les paul and the mesa. Did not get the fantastic deal like you did but I am happy. Don't know if this is the same location you heard one at but would somehow like to thing I had something to do with introducing you to the Mesa family. You really got a great deal!

JLBoogie said:
I was reading your thread and noticed how you mentioned you first heard a LSS. It just so happened that I was in the Guitar Center in P-Cola FL on Christmas eve playing a used lonestar special with a ice tea color les paul traditional. I ended up buying both the les paul and the mesa. Did not get the fantastic deal like you did but I am happy. Don't know if this is the same location you heard one at but would somehow like to thing I had something to do with introducing you to the Mesa family. You really got a great deal!

east coast, but not florida my friend. philadelphia. i just updated my profile.

wow! what a purchase. an lp and a mesa? theres nothing better. congrats!

Best of luck with the new rig! Welcome to The Board.

She sure is a beauty. After seeing that, I'll finally stop complaining about moving the Recto 4X12 :lol: .

That baby's gotta be heavy as hell, but I'm sure she sounds angelic.

Dom

Fixxer6671 said:
Nice.

Congrats and welcome to the family.

How heavy can it get?

thanks bud!!

i can't say how heavy it gets. unfortunately i have only gotten to play for a short period of time. been very busy. i was concentrating more on the cleans. which are excellent!

a full report coming soon!

domct203 said:
Best of luck with the new rig! Welcome to The Board.

She sure is a beauty. After seeing that, I'll finally stop complaining about moving the Recto 4X12 :lol: .

That baby's gotta be heavy as hell, but I'm sure she sounds angelic.

Dom

thanks!!

it actually is not that heavy. i'm not sure of the specs, but it moves easily. now it may be tough if you have to take it up 3 flights of stairs, but getting it in and out of clubs for a gig wouldn't be hard.

it does sound angelic!!!!!!!!

Wow, a 4x10 LSS. Thanks for the pics I might not have believed it otherwise. I love my LSS since I got it last summer. Those 4 tens must sing.

Latest posts

Back