Noise with noisegate and Dual Rec

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prymo

Reaction score
I have a dbx 266xl gate/compresser that i use to gate the guitar. but when i have it in my chain more hum comes out of the dirty channel, i have tried numerous things buy i cant seem to get it to stop humming.

its fine at low volumes but it will be very annoying at a gig because when the volume is turned up obviously the hum is more noticable.

any thoughts?

Also when the amp is in the dirty channel is it normal to have some hum just because it's on dirty?

Prymo said:
Also when the amp is in the dirty channel is it normal to have some hum just because it's on dirty?

Hiss maybe but not hum. What amp are you using? Gate in front or in loop? If front-end fx and loop fx share a common power supply, you can get ground-loop hum. If this is the case, try lifting fx gound, use seperate power supplies for front/loop, or put and Ebtech hum eliminator or ART clean box 2 between front-end fx and amp.

Your compressor might be boosting your noise along with your guitar signal. Are you using quality cables and a well shielded/grounded guitar?

the gate is infront of the amp, and i have tried two different power supplies. i have also tried different cables but there probably not high quality.

Guitar > gate > Dual recitifier > 412 cab

i just seem to get more hiss when i have the gate in the chain, than i do with out it.

it might have something to do with the grounding.[/quote]

Latest posts

Back