JP2C trouble shooting

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

9Hour

Reaction score
So I had some bad tubes in my JP2C and fixed some humming issues I was having but now I'm having some other issue that I'm not sure if normal or not.

First thing I was wondering is it normal for my amp to make some humming even when on standby through my cab and I mean VERY quiet. I can still hear a slight hum through my cab on standby but only if I'm literally 1 foot from the speaker, I'm just wondering if thats normal or if something could still be messed up with the tubes because I was having problems.

Second one thing I'm sort of worried about is my amp started making this crackling sound 2 times every time I swap the standby on or off. It just makes like 2 weird crackles it didn't used to and I'm wondering if i should be worried about it.

And third I just wanted to know if the gain on my amp sounds normal because I feel like hearing other peoples amps, mine is making very weird electronic noises that I don't know if it used to make before either.

Sorry if I seem like an amp noob Its my first time having tube problems and my first mesa.

Attachments

• 20240223_155700.mp4
    23.3 MB
Back