The Boogie Board

Discussion Forum for Mesa Boogie Products
It is currently Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 12:52 am 
Bottle Rocket

Also late to the party!

Congrats on the new combo! I picked up the head about 4 months ago and the honeymoon is still not over.
The Royal Atlantic is quite rare in Australia and as such I had never really played one but was blown away as soon as I did.
Since then I have sold my Dual Rec (multiwatt) as the Royal is a much better fit for me.

The clean took a while to grow on me but I now love it especially with an EP booster.
The gain channels sound and feel amazing I now have a perfect balance between them with a glorious crunch rhythm on blue and a thick chewy lead tone on red.
I love how it brings out my guitars individual tones and I love it with single coils.

I have not played it live yet but have used it on a few session and it records effortlessly. The Attenuators are a great addition for this.

I can't see myself ever selling this amp it is perfect for me.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 10:26 am 
Bottle Rocket

fallsmusic wrote:
Also late to the party!

Congrats on the new combo! I picked up the head about 4 months ago and the honeymoon is still not over.
The Royal Atlantic is quite rare in Australia and as such I had never really played one but was blown away as soon as I did.
Since then I have sold my Dual Rec (multiwatt) as the Royal is a much better fit for me.

The clean took a while to grow on me but I now love it especially with an EP booster.
The gain channels sound and feel amazing I now have a perfect balance between them with a glorious crunch rhythm on blue and a thick chewy lead tone on red.
I love how it brings out my guitars individual tones and I love it with single coils.

I have not played it live yet but have used it on a few session and it records effortlessly. The Attenuators are a great addition for this.

I can't see myself ever selling this amp it is perfect for me.

Thanks!

I use an EP Booster too, as an always-on pedal at the start of my board (after an EVH wah). It does sound great on the clean channel.

Do you use any pedals as a lead boost or for more gain/flavour? If so, which ones?

(I've found my MXR CBMOD works really well but my Keeley Fuzz Head seems to overpower the input, or something...)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:56 pm 
Bottle Rocket

I took the wheels off the RA100 this week at practice: what a difference! Bigger, warmer bottom end and less in-your-face mids. It also shook my feet and was more fun in general. Will be doing that all the time now.

I've also fallen back in love with Vintage Lo. Just had to up the Bass and Gain and drop the Treble and Mid. Sounds way more Marshall-like with my LP now. (Still love Vintage Hi but found it a bit much at times, at practice this week.)

Also getting acquainted with the Clean channel, as I'm not used to having one. Sounds fantastic with some reverb and the Gain around noon.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:47 pm 
Triple Recto

The Clean channel has to be my favorite on the RA100. Especially when maxed out. It even gets better with the multi-soak on in the higher positions.

I may own a TC-50 but still love my RA100's too much to want to let one go. Yeah the TC-100 is out now and with the multi-soak feature. Would be nice but still like the RA100 as is. And the RA100 (set to 50W) running in parallel with the TC-50 is just more fun than I can handle. Actually running both RA100's in parallel is more fun than I can handle.