Anyone Looking for an ElectraDyne Cab?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAZZGEAR

Reaction score
I was at a Guitar Center today (while traveling on business) and fresh out of the box came a brand spanking new ElectraDyne 2x12 Cab. It appears to be loaded with a V30 and a C90.

If anyone here is interested PM me and I will give you the store info.......

Here are a few pics I snapped with my cheapo phonecam.....

EDCABFRONT.jpg

EDCABTOP.jpg

EDCABBACK1.jpg

EDCABBACK2.jpg

That's a trip! I talked to Mesa 5 days ago and they said it would be a few months on these. Guess they're way ahead of schedule, they don't show up on Mesa's website. I wonder if it's a limited release?

Did you happen to see what the price was? My combo would look so good on top of that! Not to mention how good it would sound. Serious GAS....

kfinkel1966 said:
Did you happen to see what the price was? My combo would look so good on top of that! Not to mention how good it would sound. Serious GAS....

It's $589

Wild. Oddly, I've been playing an egnater 4x12 with V30s, but last week, rolled my old RK1 up next to it and used 2 V30s with the RK cab-open back and maybe C90s? I really liked the sound of that pairing.

if the Electra Dyne cabs sound anything like the combo cabs then they will rock. i'm very impressed with the Electra Dyne combos cab.

it is without a doubt the HUGEST sounding 112 combo on the face of the earth.

Laskyman said:
if the Electra Dyne cabs sound anything like the combo cabs then they will rock. i'm very impressed with the Electra Dyne combos cab.

it is without a doubt the HUGEST sounding 112 combo on the face of the earth.

i'm still in shock, i have other cabs i thought i would always use, but my Electra Dyne combo gets all my attention. i would probably say it is the best sounding combo cab i have plugged into.

Did you notice if it seemed to be the same width as a 1-12?

Plus one -on the biggest sounding 1-12 on the planet.

ziehmrd said:
It matches the combo in width and depth.

Ok. What are the dimensions of the combo? The 112 & 212 are the same, right?

Couldn't find the measurements on the Mesa website. Nor are these new Dyne cabs there either.

The 1x12 and 2x12 are the same size. 26-1/2" wide x 20-1/4" high x 11-5/8" deep. The cab should be the same width and depth but may not be as tall.

Any idea on the weight for the 1x12 and 2x12?

I'm anxiously waiting for a head/cab :) I can't lug 75 or 83 lbs around anymore!

Oh... and are these special order?

Played the combo in a local music shop in New Orleans, what an amazing sounding amp.

I'm hoping I can order the set!

Cheers

I finally got to listen to one of these today - great sounding amp! This one was a 1X12 combo. Definitely on my list of must-have amps, and very likely my next one. If I'd had the money I think I would have brought it home. I think I would prefer a head and cabinet, but there is something to be said for a compact combo. And it sure sounded good.

I was impressed with the Rectifier cabs, having had a 2X12 in the past. I wonder how that would team up with the ED.

David

badjohnny said:
Anyone been able to actually compare a combo to the head/cab?

I would actually love to know the answer to this as well! The 1x12 is magical in its own right. I wonder what the 2x12 sounds like side by side...

Latest posts

Back