Mark V and Axe-Fx

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lcwoods529

Reaction score
So, I'm considering an Axe-Fx as the effects processor to go with the head. Has anyone tried this combo before? Thoughts? Suggestions? Etc?

dude read my thoughts exactly!

Im debating the Mark 5 as the amp and FX8 as my Mk5 pedal controller as well as effects controller. I found this video on Youtube which kind of sparked the idea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REyhVTCWepk

Try the Helix if you have a chance. I just hooked up my rack to my JP-2C LE and it works beautifully. the FX on the helix are great!

Hi

I have this setup so happy to answer any questions you might have.

Rig: Mark V running 4 cable method into Axe FX, going into Torpedo reload out to both recto cab and apogee interface.

I kind of went full circle on this, initially wanted the axe just for the effects, started using the amp models in the setup and after a few months went back to full mesa for amp with Axe mainly for reverb / delay and chorus. The amp models are great and there if needed but nothing is comparing to the real thing to my ears. Could be all in my head.

After I stopped using the modelling I toyed with the idea of downscaling the axe fx but the versatility of all the inputs / outputs and switching means it's likely to be permanent fixture for me. If you do this though you'd definitely want to get a foot controller. I use the Behringer FCB1010 which is relatively cheap but allows me to change amp channel, axe preset and toggle on and off certain effects. Without this would be far more difficult to actually integrate in and only set me back a $100 compared to the $600-$1000 Fractal controller.

Thanks for the response. I already have a foot controller, so no worries there. Does it switch between all 3 channels of the amp head?

I still want to only use it for the effects.

lcwoods529 said:
Thanks for the response. I already have a foot controller, so no worries there. Does it switch between all 3 channels of the amp head?

I still want to only use it for the effects.

In my setup the channel switching is done by the foot controller which has 2 channel relays. Default being channel 1 when you turn on the amp and I've programmed relay 1 & 2 for channel 2 & 3. To do this you use the instrument cable ports on the back of the amp into the relay switches in the cobtroller. I did a bit of research trying to get the axe to change channels through the midi ports but don't think it's possible.

Back