sounded really good today

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phyrexia

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Had an excellent sounding gig this morning, as usual. thought i'd share my settings.

2014-04-06%2014.14.09.jpg

Channel 1: Fat, Bold Engaged, Preset Engaged, 90W, 50% reverb
Channel 2: Mark I, 90w, Thick, No EQ, 90W, 25% reverb
Channel 3: Mark IIC+, 90W, Triode, Bright Engaged, 5-Band Engaged, 0% reverb

I was playing through the mule, a 50's style maple tele neck on a strat body with a lace sensor gold, silver, blue.

The combo is loaded with an Eminence MS-12.

I had been playing my LP for a while, but playing this guitar with the Mark V really reminds me how expressive of an instrument it is. The mule is like a scalpel. The LP is like a battle axe or a mace or something.

I've had this one since the beginning (from the first run of combos, iirc) and it's still the best amp i've ever played.

Gotta love those days and/or nights...but mornings!!!
What are those?!?! Hehehe...thanks for sharing!!! 8)

jb's 52 said:
Gotta love those days and/or nights...but mornings!!!
What are those?!?!

Sunday morning, a church gig perhaps?

My only Sunday morning gigs have been church-related (playing in a symphony orchestra, not as a guitarist...so no, I've never taken a Mark or a Recto to the church 8) )

phyrexia said:
Channel 1: Fat, Bold Engaged, Preset Engaged, 90W, 50% reverb
Channel 2: Mark I, 90w, Thick, No EQ, 90W, 25% reverb
Channel 3: Mark IIC+, 90W, Triode, Bright Engaged, 5-Band Engaged, 0% reverb

I just realized this...

90W and your master volume is at 11 'o clock!!!
I'm going to your church...hehe...I'm on 90W but
I rarely go past 9:30, may be 10!

Yeah, I'm pushing some air :lol:

I'm in the corner of the sanctuary and unmic'd, but I also keep it set loud so I have a lot of room to be dynamic with my picking. I'm also the only white boy in the house, so I have to roll pretty hard to keep up with the rhythm section. We get down. :mrgreen:

I play my MKV exclusively at church 8)

I have been trying the master volume way up, 2:00pm and the channel masters down. Seems to be more dynamics and sustain. 45 watts.

I'm gonna go to 10 watts and turn up the Master more to see what happens. :mrgreen:

I've tried several times to get 10w to work, but in my situation it's just not enough. And 90w is so punchy. I have run the whole amp at 45w and it's pleasant. Just something about the feel of 90w does it for me. Maybe if I crammed the 12L back in there...

Back