Tried a LSS today.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ifailedshapes

Reaction score
Went to my dealer. Borrowed a Strat and a cable. Played a LSS for about an hour. (Complete sentences are overrated.) ;)

Ok, Channel 1 is awesome. So warm. So complex. Really everything I've ever read about it.

Channel 2 and I did not agree. It was muddy, and it didn't get as dirty as I would like.

Another thing that bothers me (and it's really minor) is that the channel LED turns off for channel 2. I would much rather see it turn red.

Anyway, if I had the money, I would buy this amp for the first channel alone. I would love to pair this with a second amp. Since I don't have the necessary cash to own two amps, though, this one will have to go on the "someday" list.

Channel 2 sounds better when the amp is loud.

It also sounds better if you run the treble up above 1:00.

And if it's the 1x12 combo it's better if you add a 1x12 extension cab to it. That was probably the biggest improvement right there.

Also that amp is REALLY bassy. Run the bass knob way down and you'll get some better tones

I'll agree here. Much distortion is not my thing but I like channel 2 more than other amps or other amps and a pedal but it seems like you have to start your tweak with the treble up and bass back on channel 2. Next be aware of where you are with the drive settings when you do the treble and bass tweaks. Check your guitar's pickup output for each setting too. My LSS is sensitive to things I don't worry about with other amps but at this point it's heavenly where it counts.

Channel 2: Drive Engaged @ 10-10:30, Thick Switch set to Normal, Gain 12-1, Treble 1, Mid, 10~, Bass 11, Presence 11:30, Master 10+, Solo hard bypassed. 5, 15 or 30 watts. Reverb on or off. No mud here. Or, turn the Drive off, dime the Gain, treble 2, mids 10, bass 11, presence 12, master 10+. As close to Marshal on this amp as I have found so far. No mud here either. I play mine with a strat deluxe, mostly the neck PU.

Latest posts

Back