Anyone using all 4 YJ's with EL84s in LSC?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregrjones

Reaction score
I've read posts about those of you using the Yellow Jacket adaptors using one pair of EL84's with a pair of 6v6's, but I was curious if any of you have tried using all 4 YJ EL84's with this amp?

A second question: I've been using my LSC with YJ 2 EL84's (outer pair) and 2 6v6's (inner pair), but if I keep both channels of the amp set to 50 watts, am I correct that the inner pair doesn't even matter?

Because I read that when the amp is pulling less wattage, the ideal speaker ohm setting should be 4 ohms instead of 8, I have been hesitant to set the amp up traditionally so that the clean channel is set at 100 watts and the dirt channel at 50 watt....

gregrjones said:
I've read posts about those of you using the Yellow Jacket adaptors using one pair of EL84's with a pair of 6v6's, but I was curious if any of you have tried using all 4 YJ EL84's with this amp?

A second question: I've been using my LSC with YJ 2 EL84's (outer pair) and 2 6v6's (inner pair), but if I keep both channels of the amp set to 50 watts, am I correct that the inner pair doesn't even matter?

Because I read that when the amp is pulling less wattage, the ideal speaker ohm setting should be 4 ohms instead of 8, I have been hesitant to set the amp up traditionally so that the clean channel is set at 100 watts and the dirt channel at 50 watt....

You are right...with both channels on the 50 watt setting, you are only using the outer tubes. The manual also does suggest using the 4 ohm speaker jack with this setting as well, but suggests it largely for sonic purposes ("a brighter snappier response" is how it is termed).

How does this amp sound to you (sonically) with EL84s? How is it different then the stock 6L6s?

Mark

Back