Boss SD-1 Super Distortion

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mork

Reaction score
Anyone use one of these? if so how do you like to connect it to your amp and what kind of settings are you using etc?

I was wondering about using mine to dirty up the clean channel on the odd song....

While I do like the basic sound of SD-1, it's a little raspy for my taste stock, so I modded one with the Monte allums GT mod (DYI) and it sounds really good now. I also had a Keeley one a couple of years ago that sounded great. Either way, you got to keep the tone below noon on those pedals.

Hey Plan-X. I've had a DS-1 sitting around for over a year. A friend of mine gave it to me. I've kept it in hopes of trying out one of the Monte mods on it. Hopefully I'll get to it soon.

-D

Yeah, I had a Keeley SD-1 before, sold it off, and missed it. But for the money, I couldn't resist the Allums mod, like $24 for the GT mod kit. It sounds great, like a boutique pedal. It's a keeper. What made it so attractive was the SD-1 can be had for a penny and a dance. I got one off the bay for $22. I'd like to try the BD-2 H20 mod but it's alot more moola used. So I just built a BYOC OD2 and it sounds nice. I think I like it better than the Allums SD-1.

Back