anyone get a Dumble tone out of the LSS?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would think any recent (II or newer) Mark series or maybe a Maverick would be a better choice than an LSS for a Dumble tone. From what I've heard of Dumbles, they pretty much sound like a Mark with weaker filtering. Noisy, too -- a proper printed circuit board is really a better construction choice for amps with this sort of gain structure, though I can't fault Dumble too much for this -- hand-wiring is certainly more economical for him considering the small number of amps he's made.

Get a Zendrive. I love mine. It nails the Dumble Overdrive tone. Robben Ford worked with the designer to specifically get a Dumble tone. I use one with my LSC and I can absolutely cop Robben's tone. I wish I could cop his licks! He is amazing.

Greg

well let me jump in here.....i have a zendrive as well....for the best tone I get out of it is when i am running my amp with very mild overdrive......the kind of overdrive that gets dirtier the harder you hit the strings.....i then set my zendrive with all of the controls set close to noon or therabouts (set to your sepcifi taste) and BAM it is dang near the perfect tone. I have been messing around with learning "Indianaola" by Robben and it just about nails the tone. My amp is a triaxis running into a 20/20...so the lonestar will obvisouly be a littel different for you.

Latest posts

Back