Other Cabclone IRs?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rarebitusa

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has used any 3rd party IRs with the Badlander Cabclone IR. I'm familiar with the Two Notes Wall of Sound being a Captor user. Going to assume that their cabinet IRs would drop in. Experiences welcomed :)

I’ve got some York Audio IR’s and they seem pretty good. But, I am not quite a cork sniffer of IR tone as some. If I remember a few packs only ran maybe $30-$50 or something so it was a bunch of money for dozens of IR’s with different microphone configurations. They offer some free ones to download and try as well.

Doesn’t Petrucci offer some IR’s as well? One would think those would be good quality as long as he was really involved with the process.

Just curious if anyone has used any 3rd party IRs with the Badlander Cabclone IR. I'm familiar with the Two Notes Wall of Sound being a Captor user. Going to assume that their cabinet IRs would drop in. Experiences welcomed :)
Hey Rare;)

As @mace pointed out, the Petrucci IRs are great, especially since you're a Badlander:) Justin York's brother is a member of Paramore, and Justin has done a number of tours with them. He's got some older Recto cabs and swears that older cabs that have been played make a difference, and he's got the cred to know. The Celestion stuff is great as well. My suggestion would be to start with the 121/57 combo that just about everybody includes in their packs. If you find your sound is a bit bright for a given track, the Neumans are always a great way to tame the high end without losing fidelity:)

I’ve got some York Audio IR’s and they seem pretty good. But, I am not quite a cork sniffer of IR tone as some. If I remember a few packs only ran maybe $30-$50 or something so it was a bunch of money for dozens of IR’s with different microphone configurations. They offer some free ones to download and try as well.

Doesn’t Petrucci offer some IR’s as well? One would think those would be good quality as long as he was really involved with the process.

I reread this, I meant to say it was NOT a bunch of money! Sorry about the confusion

Back