What's a fair price for a MKIIB??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Mike

Reaction score
What's a good price for a Combo? Pros and Cons vs. Other MkII's?

I have a line on one with a broken EQ fader (I'd never use it).

Had a Mk III years ago, was great when it was on (but it was a funky one someone worked on). Hows the gain compare?

Sorry for the noob questions.

Hi BM,

I shopped and shopped and shopped, and then took a rest and did it some more. While I wasn't shopping for Mk II (for me it was Caliber 50+ then shifted to Mk IV), I learned a few things...

o eBay is the high end of the fair price spectrum, but you can do ok with patience and lot of shopping. Probably where you will find the widest variety as well.

o Best deals come from Craigslist or any local seller, however Mesa equipment here is lean and very hard to find. Then you have to hope the seller is willing to deal.

o You probably know, no music place will deal at all on a new one. Pay list or walk. If they get a used one and it's nice, it gets sold to a friend or associate -- not usually to the first 'tard off the street. Plus not many stores carry Mesa.

I recommend eBay, but be ready to pay if you want something fresh or shop hard and possibly be willing to pay outside of PayPal. Sorry I can't tell you a typical price. Just put "Mesa Mark" then "Mesa Mk" in the search engine and guage by "Buy it Now" and events with times of under 1 day remaining.

Good luck.

Back