I bought a loaded Mark II C + combo this week for $469......

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SASQUATCH

Reaction score
Guitar Center had it marked as a Mark II B, and I got a DEAL according to Mesa/Boogie. The standby switch and knob tips for the EQ are missing, the power plug has been replaced, and the tolex is torn in places, but it works perfectly. It is fully loaded (Graphic EQ, Simulclass, EVM 12L speaker, etc.), and all original except the tubes.

Anyone know what this is worth, roughly?

It is the best sounding amp I have played in 15 years of guitar playing.
My first ever Mesa/Boogie, and I am a convert. :)

Thanks!
-Brian

I can't quote a price. but that's a steal of a deal for a IIC+.

With my luck, I'll never get a deal like that.... Nice job!
I'll bet it's worth at least $1250 and up....
ax. :twisted:
BTW I'll give you twice what you paid right now...( as long as it IS a IIC+ loaded) 8)

No Offense but that first post in this thread sounds like a hook for scam to me. Be careful :shock:

908ssp said:
No Offense but that first post in this thread sounds like a hook for scam to me. Be careful :shock:

how would that be? assuming it isn't what you suggest it might be [whatever that is], i for one am as green as an apple in july.

signed:
gullible from scotland

I find it hard to believe that he knew the importance of a C+ but not the value? And that Guitar Center which generally is known for WAY over charging for anything vintage didn't know. And I am just a suspicion old man :wink:

I could be wrong but what is the intended reason for the post?

What would you assume and what in fact happened? Someone offered to buy the amp. Bingo :?

Lol......

This is not a trick, and the amp is not for sale. I wouldn't sell it for 5 x what I paid for it. This amp is the most beautiful sounding thing ever.

I did not know it was a C + or that it was worth this much. I bought it because it sounded good, the price was cheap, and I knew Santana & Larry Carlton used Boogie Mark series amps, and this was labelled as a Mark II B..........

I called Mesa/Boogie for some info on it, and a guy named Mike told me it was a C +. It is serial # 12617, it has the plus sign, etc., etc.

Guitar Center screwed up, and I was the lucky duck who stumbled over it.

I was posting because:
1. I was directed here from another forum.
2. I was just curious what it is worth.
3. I was looking for more info about it.

Why are they held in such high esteem?
I was told they made about 1500 or so, with half of those having the simulclass option. Is that correct?

Hey Sasquatch no offense intended. You are a lucky dog no doubt about that. I have had pretty good luck on a couple of acquisitions so I do now it can happen. I have also seen too many scammers lately making me a cynic. :(

I have two C+ one loaded combo one stripped head. Both sound terrific. Hang onto that amp it will be worth a lot more then it is today.

Check out this web site http://homepage.mac.com/mesaboogie/welcome.html

There is a ton of great info there. Post a picture of your C+ I will try to do the same tomorrow. Congratulations again on your luck. :D

Back