Is there amp doctor in the house

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nick bell

Reaction score
I decided to open my new mark llb up and take a look under the hood, at least 5 filter caps are leaking that would explain why the amp didn't have much volume Well that honeymoon didn't last long Is there anyone out there that help.thanks

I've done some mods to amps and pedal before the hard part with some amps is getting to the board to desolder the parts.

Don't know about the Mk IIB but with my Mk III the cap job was quite easy. The solder connections were easily accessible on all caps.

You will need 2 220uf/350V caps (4 for a simul class model) and 3 30uf (nowadays 33uf, which is within 10% tolerance and OK) at 500V or more.

Make sure that there is no voltage left in the amp before you replace the caps. After playing, shut the amp off with the power switch but leave the standby in the on position. This will drain the caps through the 330k resistors in parallel to the 220uf caps. I always check with a multimeter.

Good luck,
Stephan

Thanks Stephan I’m glad to hear your project went smooth,it looks like for me to get to the solder pads I’m going to have a little more work.thanks again for your advice.

Latest posts

Back