Smoking Mk1RI -- Service in North Jersey?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ultramog

Reaction score
So I just had both my input gains at 8, noodled for a while. Master at 1 1/2 as usual for the living room. Powered back down to 3 and 5 on the inputs. 3 minutes later, poof! No sound, no signal, and smoke rising out of the back of the amp. Two questions:

1) I bought this used from GC (a Mesa dealer) 1 year and 3 weeks ago. Can't find a reference to warranty info on at Mesa. Any idea if I have any coverage?

2) Service recommendations for North Jersey? M/B lists Triple S electronics in Bloomfield. Anybody use them?

Argh I will be so frustrated with the old Peavey in the interim...

If you care to go a bit west from Bloomfield my friend has used these guys a few times and likes them.
http://www.gti.net/junebug/dave/ Dave's Sound
They are on route 10 around 1/2 mile east of 287.
They should be able to answer all of your questions as far as the warranty.

Also what might help (I think) GC should be able to provide you with a copy of your receipt, just to prove you bought the amp if nothing else.

Don't think you're going to have any luck with a warranty from GC, but probably worth a phone call.

I'm in North Jersey, and the guy I trust most is Dennis Kager. He works at Central Jersey Music Svc., 1627 State Highway 27, Edison, NJ, 08817. Phone is (732)572-1911. Very knowledgeable guy, usually a pretty fast turn around, and in my opinion well worth the trip. I've used the other place mentioned above, with some success as well, but like I said, it's worth the trip to Kager. Trust me.

Back