Do I need another C+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csaws1

Reaction score
I have an opportunity to purchase another Mark IIC+. I have 2 simul-class models, one is an upgrade from a regular C,. Neither have EQ and the one I'm looking at does, however it is not a simul-class. It is a 100/60 watt. I have never owned one without simul-class and was wondering what the difference in sound is. I thought it would be nice to have one with EQ. I don't play metal, mostly classic rock, so I don't think the EQ is as important to me as the overall tonal qualities. Any thoughts or input would be appreciated.

It's an HRG Combo Price is 2700 US No export PT it has the 100. Not a steal but probably a fair price. I paid 1600 for my DR head in a nice hardwood shell. 1100 for my upgraded head without reverb or EQ. That was during the recession as well. More concerned with the difference in sound between the 100 watt and simul-class.

The 100 should be a bit darker than the simul. I have a 60W, though I haven't played a 100, they should sound very similar, though the 100 has more headroom. Someone else might chime in that have played both a 100 and a 60. But the simuls are brighter than my 60.

In my experience, a 100/60 IIc+ is looser and more organic-sounding than a Simul. Maybe a bit darker/bigger sounding as well.

For classic rock, or for any kind of rock, it is a great match. Definitely worth owning in addition to a Simul...if that's what you wanted to hear (or maybe you didn't :lol:).

A man can never have too many IIc+'s. Life's too short to enjoy everything they've got to offer.

Latest posts

Back