Mark IV A version Stereo Setup

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dror520

Reaction score
Hey guys,

It's been a long time... but I need your help.

I have a version A Mark IV a G-Major and one cab, I want to make my setup stereo.
I'm going to buy another cab, but what else do I need?

Thanks!

I run a stereo rack processor in the MKIV effects loop and go back into the loop return with the left output and out to another amp with the right output.* You could run two cabs with your amp (I'm guessing you have an 8ohm cab and are getting another 8ohm cab) but you won't get any stereo ping pong effects or left to right swirly chorus you might have in the G Major. It will be one big a$$ tone coming from two cabs with the same sounds and tone from each cab, which is pretty dang nice.

*One cool thing about that set up is cranking the reverb on that second amp.

HBob said:
I run a stereo rack processor in the MKIV effects loop and go back into the loop return with the left output and out to another amp with the right output.* You could run two cabs with your amp (I'm guessing you have an 8ohm cab and are getting another 8ohm cab) but you won't get any stereo ping pong effects or left to right swirly chorus you might have in the G Major. It will be one big a$$ tone coming from two cabs with the same sounds and tone from each cab, which is pretty dang nice.

*One cool thing about that set up is cranking the reverb on that second amp.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I don't have a second amp, I was thinking of getting the Mesa 2:90 but it's a stereo power amp and with your solution, I'm only going to use one side of the amp.

Is there a better solution to do this? maybe load the output of the mark iv and use both sides of the 2:90?

thanks again!

Stereo rigs rule -- especially when you're the lone guitarist in a band. If you're already thinking about forking out for a power amp and a cab you could probably just pick up a small combo amp. A clean solid state amp would do the trick, but a Mesa Satellite 1x12 would be very cool too -- you could just come into the FX loop return of the second amp with a 100% wet signal from your FX processor. That way when you hit a delay, for example, the whole second amp would give a delayed signal.

wildschwein said:
Stereo rigs rule -- especially when you're the lone guitarist in a band. If you're already thinking about forking out for a power amp and a cab you could probably just pick up another small combo amp. A clean solid state amp would do the trick, but a Mesa Satellite 1x12 would be very cool too -- you could just come into the FX loop return of the second amp with a 100% wet signal from your FX processor. That way when you hit a delay, for example, the whole second amp would give a delayed signal.

Thanks!

I think what I'm going to do is buy a Mesa 2:90 and just use that as the stereo power amp.

a simpler (and cheaper and lighter) solution will just buy a EHX 44 magnum power amp (pedal footprint), using the scheme that wildschwein described above, taking one side of your processor and going to the 44 magnum and then to the other cab.

Check out a wet / dry / wet set up.
I run my Mark V dry out to a 2x12 Recto Cab (with EVM 12L)
Then I take the slave out from the Mark V into my G Major 2
Left and right outputs of G Major 2 feed a Mesa 2:50 Power Amp (both channels)
I run a Theile 1x12 cab out of each channel spread apart with my dry 2x12 in the middle.

It kicks *** ! You get the raw Mark tone from the middle cab
then you have wet (from GMajor 2) left and right IN STEREO

Blend the levels just right and you will have the best tone you ever imagined (well it will be awesome anyway) :D :D :D :D

Back