Mark III Clean Mod

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kramerxxx

Reaction score
I recently read that there is a mod that can be done to the clean to make it more chimey, does anyone have any info on this?

I have a blue stripe. I've put new tubes in it. It is in a rack adapter and I use it with various cabs/speakers. It sounds pretty good, it just lacks that sparkle in the clean. Does this make sense? I like the R2 and Lead sounds.

Any info would be appreciated.

Well. The cleans on my Mk. III were GREATLY improved after Monsta-Tone modded it for me. Ask him about the Cam mod ;)

I think that is what I'm looking for, can you point me in the right direction? If you have it, could you shoot him an email for me? How much did he charge? What part of the country are you guys in?

Hey KramerXXX,

I just sent you a PM with all of the information.
I forgot to mention that I can make the Reverb MUCH better for another $50.

Basically, the sky is the limit. But.....that being said.....If you change one part of the circuit, it may affect all 3 channels.
For more clean headroom, it is really a matter of maintenance and proper biasing. Changing the filter caps and adding an adjustable bias will make a world of difference.

Let me know if you're interested.
Here are some of the other guys I've helped out on the Board:
mdortona
babow2
lockbody
lots of others that I can't remember, sorry

Latest posts

Back