HELP! - Mark III -Blue or Green Stripe?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LJohno13

Reaction score
PLEASE SEE THE PHOTOS ON THE LINK AT THE BOTTOM

Ok, I was given (thats right GIVEN) a MKIII Mesa Stack by a friendly Doctor that I was acquainted with whilst in Japan. I shipped it back for £50 and have a transformer hooked up to it for UK voltage requirements.

Anyhow, I decided it was time to find out a bit about the gear and have been scouring the forums for info. Now I'm here.

The colour of the marker pen that indicates the colour of the stripe is definitely blue but reading around I am led to believe that the date it was made and/ or the serial number might in fact mean it is of the green variety. Anyhow, if anybody could point out what stripe it might be I would greatly appreciate it. Also, if anybody has any idea of it's value?

The serial number is MK3S 27298

PLEASE SEE THE PHOTOS ON THE LINK AT THE BOTTOM

Thanks

LJohno13

http://s577.photobucket.com/albums/ss212/LJohno13/

its color is blue, maybe yours was modded or something that's why it sounds like a green. And the price is not over a thousand. These heads go on ebay anywhere from 6 hundred to 8 hundered dollars depending on condition and what not, I got to say that is a nice doctor to give away something like that i want to know where you live so I can make him my doctor :lol: :lol:

MetallicaFreak65 said:
its color is blue, maybe yours was modded or something that's why it sounds like a green. And the price is not over a thousand. These heads go on ebay anywhere from 6 hundred to 8 hundered dollars depending on condition and what not, I got to say that is a nice doctor to give away something like that i want to know where you live so I can make him my doctor :lol: :lol:

Can it really be a green if it's non-simul? Are there 60 watt green stripe Mark III's? I'm not aware of it (I haven't seen any anyways).

This is the first time I have ever seen a medium head 60 watter.
And since there is no reverb the prescence knob is on the front panel, which I like very much.

Thanks for the help everybody. Could anybody clarify what the following mean (bit of a technophobe as far as this stuff goes) - I've seen them on the forums and not understood them:

Pentode (as in wired in Pentode)
Non-simul

MetallicaFreak65 said:
its color is blue, maybe yours was modded or something that's why it sounds like a green

- Not sure if it sounds like a green or blue! Don't know which it is and don't have anything to compare it to.

MetallicaFreak65 said:
These heads go on ebay anywhere from 6 hundred to 8 hundered dollars depending on condition and what not

- I would be selling this in the UK where Mesa's seem to cost a bomb, certainly on eBay. If I was to sell the whole stack what would somebody estimate? It's in very good condition. I've started to take the guts out to clean and polish the leather and it's absolutely faultless - except a switch which has come a bit loose but can be mended easily.

Thanks again

LJohno13

P.S. would it help if I put up pictures of the wiring and components?

Yup thats a blue, the green stripe which is sometimes mistaken for a blue looks a torquoise colour.From what i,ve heard the greenys and the blues production dates over lapped. The greens were always simul class whilst the blues could be 60 watt or 60/100 watt....man they,re all good anyways so just plug that baby in and enjoy lol.

definitely a blue stripe just by the color. my blue stripe combo has the exact same color stripe (tautological evidence ftw). but yeah, from what i understand, when they started doing the serial numbers on the left side of the back panel, if it was a 60 or a 60/100 it had to be blue. call up mesa and ask yourself if you're so inclined. imo, they both sound pretty similar. get some nice 6l6gc's in there and rock the f*ck out, sir!

Latest posts

Back