MESA BOOGIE MARK II HELP

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys, I wonder if anyone can help me out with this one. What kind of Mark II is it?
Thanks
Magnus

Please click om image to enlage pic

Chrome insets on the knobs + serial no should = IIB. It even has the inset on the drive knob missing, just like mine :) great amp.

UK price for a hardwood example would be around £950 - it's exactly the same amplifier as mine but with hardwood instead of cream tolex. I payed about £750 for mine not too long ago, so I'd have thought a decent condition hardwood would add a couple of hundred quid. What sort of price conversion there is between the UK and Sweden I'm not sure, but like I said, an export 100W IIB with reverb and EQ is exactly the same as mine so whatever the price hike is between here and Sweden, that'll hopefully give you a rough idea.

zebpedersen said:
UK price for a hardwood example would be around £950 - it's exactly the same amplifier as mine but with hardwood instead of cream tolex. I payed about £750 for mine not too long ago, so I'd have thought a decent condition hardwood would add a couple of hundred quid. What sort of price conversion there is between the UK and Sweden I'm not sure, but like I said, an export 100W IIB with reverb and EQ is exactly the same as mine so whatever the price hike is between here and Sweden, that'll hopefully give you a rough idea.

Oki, thanks for your help.It gets me a good idea what it is worth. Does the speaker, EV or Black Shadow, affect the price?

I'm pretty sure they're mainly EV loaded, although some are MS-12 possibly (?)

Either way it shouldn't really affect the price. What speaker does yours have?

It has a Black Shadow speaker. I use to have another Mark IIb but without an eq and not in hardwood. That one had a Black Shadow speaker as well.

There's gotta be a couple of dozen different speakers Boogie sell as 'Black Shadow' - my Mark IV is marked as one, but it's an EV, but my buddy's is also a 'Black Shadow' yet it's a Celestion (and therefore vastly inferior :) )

The EV in my Mark II is un-marked, just a manufacturers stamp on the back. The Black Shadow in your amp looks like it's an Electrovoice judging by the size of the thing.

MagnusLindblOOm said:
Aha, intresting. So it might be an EV speaker. How do I check that on the speaker?

It'll say 'Electro Voice' or 'Type: EVM12L' on the sticker. If you take a picture someone (or I) will be able to tell you, but I think they actually say something like 'Made especially for MESA/Boogie by...' on there.

zebpedersen said:
MagnusLindblOOm said:
Aha, intresting. So it might be an EV speaker. How do I check that on the speaker?

It'll say 'Electro Voice' or 'Type: EVM12L' on the sticker. If you take a picture someone (or I) will be able to tell you, but I think they actually say something like 'Made especially for MESA/Boogie by...' on there.

I checked it and it says TYPE MS-12 in the back of the speaker. What kind of speaker is that?

MagnusLindblOOm said:
I checked it and it says TYPE MS-12 in the back of the speaker. What kind of speaker is that?

The Black Shadow MS-12 was the standard Mark II speaker offered by Mesa. It was rated at 150W and OEM Eminence. Supposedly, it was similar to the EVM-12L (Optional, US$50 extra) but with less rated power and a bit darker sounding.

Boogieman said:
MagnusLindblOOm said:

The Black Shadow MS-12 was the standard Mark II speaker offered by Mesa. It was rated at 150W and OEM Eminence. Supposedly, it was similar to the EVM-12L (Optional, US$50 extra) but with less rated power and a bit darker sounding.

Thanks for your reply, what do you mean by darker?

Mag,

It looks exactly just like my 1984 Mark IIc+.

Speaker and xport switch also.

RR

Back