Would someone have a picture of a Mark II Coliseum's reverb hookup?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markmalin

Reaction score
I have a Mark II Coliseum chassis I'm working on, but I do not have the original reverb tank and need to test the reverb. Wondering if the original tank has only the typical (i.e. Fender style) 2 RCA jack type cable, or if there's a 3rd connection. And how the jacks are connected at the chassis. Anyone have a pic of the reverb tank and/or the cable connections?
Mark

2 RCA
This is an early coli with RP-8C

Attachments

• 20230315_131642.jpg
    20230315_131642.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230315_181730.jpg
    20230315_181730.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 0
Just two cables are used. One is a single conductor cable, the other is shielded. It's basically Fender style.

Ok, thanks guys. The pic is just like the one I'm working on.

So it's the two RCA jacks next to each other (center of picture). What's the other RCA jack for?

Hi Mark,

Stock there are two RCA jacks in all Mesas for the reverb. The one towards the rear of the chassis will be the single wire & the one towards the front of the chassis will be the shielded wire. On the MKIIs there are also a pair of 1/4" jacks that can be configured for various things like footswitches or a pre/power amp junction. If you have a third RCA jack we'd need to see pictures.

For example, in one of my Colis a RCA jack died & it was under the board, so when Mike B serviced it, rather than the labor of lifting the board he added a new jack in the hole by the OT which is normally vacant. (or used for something custom, or who knows like in EMs photo).

Also are you the owner of this Coli or just working on it? I have a private owner's group on FB, link in my sig.

IMG_4522.JPG

Thanks for the pictures. The forum has been really helpful. I was able to get the reverb up and running, though still not sure what that 3rd jack is. It's located where that hole is on your chassis labeled "Stereo". Maybe it's an output for stereo reverb?

This amp is actually not mine, I'm working on it. I took it in to repair the EQ, which turned out to be a bad switch on the faceplate. Sure sounds like a nice amp, though. I like the overdrive and depth!

Mark

The headroom on those beauties is in another world.

Pics of the amp and chassis? Which preamp board is in there (RP-xx)?

Jeremy, do you know what the W stand for on your RCA jack? I have W and R in orange and purple on my OG Mark with SP-3 and a reverb tranny dated 2 years later than the amp. That W makes me think the factory may have done the reverb mod.

I was able to figure out which connections are for the reverb tank in/out and get it up and running. The jack labeled "Rev" is the one I'm not sure of. "White" and "Grey" are the tank in/out jacks.

Right, someone just marked W & G for white & grey on mine.

Mark, I believe the extra jack on yours is not stock. I'd get some pics & check with Mike B. at Mesa to see if that might be something he added for a customer.

Also, if you can pass my owner's group along to the owner we'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Thanks for the info. I'm actually doing this repair for a music store, so I don't have direct contact with the owner, but will certainly pass along your group info when I encounter other Boogie players!

I was able to figure out which connections are for the reverb tank in/out and get it up and running. The jack labeled "Rev" is the one I'm not sure of. "White" and "Grey" are the tank in/out jacks.
For me the rule of thumb is 9's:
White-back -9
Grey-front -9

I believe it is single wire to white. Correct me if I'm wrong boogiers.

Maybe my W and R were white and red??? Doesn't explain the purple and orange spots but maybe that was the mood of the day.

The other RCA jack might be a pre out. I've never used it so maybe someone else can answer that.

Back