Boosting the clean channel on a mkIII

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryjan

Reaction score
Since the mkiii already has one of the best overdriven lead channels all by its lonesome, how does the boosted clean compare as far as harmonics, crunch, etc...?

Awesome.

I run my mark III clean channel with a T-Rex Mudhoney in front of it as a semi clean boost for a bit of 'grit'. Then the Mudhoney on the R2 Channel is awesome marshall crunch on steroids. Lead channel by itself is just... breathtaking then using the Mudhoney in addition to that it's metal mayhem.

ryjan said:
Really cool way to turn a 3 channel amp into 6 channel. So much for the less is more concept.

Don't forget the switchable EQ (if your mk. 3 has one) which is another option, plus the lead channel AND R2 together (+ overdrive pedal... :lol: the options are endless!)

druckpig said:
robredo_mattila said:
Awesome.

I run my mark III clean channel with a T-Rex Mudhoney in front of it as a semi clean boost for a bit of 'grit'. Then the Mudhoney on the R2 Channel is awesome marshall crunch on steroids. Lead channel by itself is just... breathtaking then using the Mudhoney in addition to that it's metal mayhem.

what is the mudhoney ? is it based on another pedal like say a tubescreamer or a treble booster something else ?

The mudhoney is an amazing dirt box. I use it as a clean/grit boost usually. It also does a lush high gain distortion, a killer fuzz (almost fuzz face, not quite big muff) clean boost or overdrive. It's crazily versatile.

Sorry to sound like a salesman !

It's not exactly TS9 like. No midrange hump. It's very transparent. They cost a reasonable amount but I got mine used for a steal.

Latest posts

Back