Deuce II with a strat?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Given the brighter nature of the Stiletto I personally don't care for the combination myself.
I have a Strat loaded with Fender Texas Special pick-ups that I love to play, but not so much with my Deuce.
I guess it's OK on the Fat Clean mode but that's about all for me.

Others may have a different opinion but.........

If you want to check it out, bring over a case of Budweiser and you can test drive mine. :)

nosajwp said:
Can this be a good combination, or would a strat be better paired with something else?

Do you play in a band? If so, what kind of music do you play?

I love going to my Mesa dealer and plugging into an Ace combo with my Strat. The Ace is my favorite Stiletto amp. Anyway, like the other person already said, it's a bright, biting tone. I just happen to like it.

Maybe my responce is a bit out of line as I own a Stiletto Deuce Series I. From all I've heard it would seem that the Series II is even brighter than my Series I.

Having said that; I must say that I found my Series I practically unusable unless really (and I mean REALLY) cranked. That is; until I installed the Mansfied Bias-Mod kit in my Stiletto.

The warmer biasing of the tubes (I set mine at 39mv/ma) really made a GIANT DIFFERENCE in the sound! The highest setting I was ever able to achieve with 'tube-swaps' (before installing the bias-kit) was 28mv/ma. The bias-mod-kit allowed an increase to 39mv/ma which is a whopping 10mv/ma increase. The result is that the treble does not 'stand-out' alone as a piercing, seperate 'entity' anymore; but blends smoothly into the upper mids. Don't missunderstand; you can still get some 'searing' highs; but you can control and blend them. They now have more harmonic, musical overtones.

I can only 'assume' (watch out for that word now!) that the bias-mod' would offer a similar improvemant to the Stiletto Series II.

The Mansfield Bias-Mod-Kit has been well covered in postings on the Stiletto already. Of those 'modders' who have bothered to post their impressions after the installation of the bias-mod kit; they have been overwhelmingly positive.

Give it some consideration.

Regards: Charles

Funny, after my above post stating that the Strat. / Stiletto pairing wasn't my cup of tea I realized I had just contradicted myself.
When I started the "More discoveries...." thread a was celebrating how the mod had now made it possible for me to enjoy single coils through the Stiletto.
Even a "gasp" Telecaster! :shock:
Anyway, after realizing my contradiction I went home, fired up the amp and plugged in my Strat. :D
I still prefer my Gibsons (personal taste) but yes it does sound good.

Charles, when you set you amp at 39mv/ma are using 50w or 100w?
I've just recently got my probe and multimeter and still experimenting.

Latest posts

Back