Rectifier Tube Replacement

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jnoel64

Reaction score
I should know this, but I don't and searching through the threads is taking too long. In a dual rec, should both 5U4GB tubes be replaced together?

jnoel64 said:
I should know this, but I don't and searching through the threads is taking too long. In a dual rec, should both 5U4GB tubes be replaced together?

Rectifier tubes only need to be replaced when failing. They do not need to be changed at the same time. Thanks!

Authorized Boogie said:
jnoel64 said:

Rectifier tubes only need to be replaced when failing. They do not need to be changed at the same time. Thanks!

How can you tell when they are failing? I assume they become microphonic??

Rectifier tubes have no signal passing through them - the simply convert AC to DC, so microphonics is not an issue. If a rectifier tube fails, you will have no power (or half power if one fails in a Dual Rec) to the output tubes when the amp is set to the Tube Rectifier setting. Thanks

Ok... Reason I asked is I have a Tremoverb and when in tube rectifier mode, I hear what I can only describe as filament rattle. When I am in solid state, the sound goes away. When in tube rectifier mode it is back and if I tap on the base of the rectification tube, it gets worse.

Have a new set of tubes coming in. Hopefully will address!

Back