Pink Floyd like tones from Rectoverb 25?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillK01

Reaction score
Can anyone suggest some decent settings to coax a Pink Floyd'ish tone from my Rectoverb 25? Looking for a "Run Like Hell" sort of sound. I have a TC Electronics Flashback delay to dial in that portion but I can't seem to get that Floyd tone I'm after. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Are you talking about the chorded part or the single string plucking part? There isn't a lot that the Recto 25 can't pull off. That being said, one thing it doesn't have is a bunch of clean headroom, which you need if you want to play either of those parts loudly. For the chorded part you're gonna need a Telecaster in the bridge position. For the plucked part you're gonna need a baritone single coil something or other iirc and a compressor pedal.

I am pretty sure you're gonna need a strat. The amp settings should be fairly clean.
It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase...the sound of squealing tires in a parking garage :p

Back