New Recto ( new to me, warning sexy amp alert)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metalmike117

Reaction score
So here is my Solo 50. It had a lot of road rash and here it is with the new tolex, new diamond plate and knobs. Let me know your thoughts!

Before.....
DSCF3080.jpg

After!
DSCF3086.jpg

After 2.0

DSCF3085.jpg

I think the knobs make it look bogner-like and black diamond plate is just way too sexy. Thank you boogie people for kind words.

Hell yeah! I was going to throw chicken knobs on my Recto too but couldn't find ones didn't bang into each other at certain settings. Where did you purchase those knobs? If you don't mind me asking.

S.G.

I would have kept the original knobs. but other that that its one sweet head.

I wish I could re-tolex my combo to something like that.

I got the knobs from the guy who did the work. His site is amplifiednation.com. I'm not sure where the work was done. However he did a great job.

yeah I have to say prefer the before pic - sorry.

if only they looked that worn straight out of the box! :lol:

This is the best looking Dual Rec head (other then my TOV head) I have seen in a LONG time. I personally can't STAND the tread plate and stock knobs. Chicken heads rule bro! SICK!

Cool man, snakeskin is awesome, i was thinking in doing something loke that to mine, although i didn't like the white chicken knobs :twisted:

I don't fancy the chickenhead knobs either, but I love a black diamond plate and the snakeskin is cool.

If I was ever to redo my Recto, I'd try to make a headshell that matched my DYI cabs!

:shock: That is awesome!! DId you paint the Diamond Plate or replace it?

That amp looks SWEET dude! I personally like those white knobs on it! But id like to see it with the origional style knobs in black :p

pretty cool lookin man, i dig any finish that a player has put his individuality into and you pulled it off really clean. its not my taste for a recto, but its still a badass head. my tolex is shot to **** and am wondering how you pulled it off? i have put tolex on a cabinet before but never done the removal part haha

THAT IS BEAUTIFUL! I like the chicken heads. You can actually see your settings on stage. I wonder if you can get them in chrome. (less Bogner-esque lol!)
I also think the black diamond plate looks great. Sorta Roadsterish.
Great head!

Awesome tolex job and the dark diamond plate combined with the red tolex makes it look fking evil. The only thing I'd change is the chicken-head, maybe to black...

or this (if the red matches the tolex)
list.gif

Latest posts

Back