My 18 watt marshall clone

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redmax61

Reaction score
I just finished building this. It's my first attempt at building an amp from the ground up. It's an 18 watt TMB. Built the old fashioned way. Just tubes, resistors, capacitors and transformers. It was a lot of fun to build, and it sounds pretty awesome!

DCP_0077.JPG

Yeah, it's labelled F/A-18. I'm in the Navy and I sometimes work around aircraft, so it has a kinda stealth theme to it.

I'll post a sound clip as soon as I can get Vista drivers for my sound card.

Vista blows don't it?

Awesome amp! Can you tell us a little more about it? Did you buy it as a kit or did you source all of the parts? I'd like to see some gut shots too if you get a chance.

I bought the turret board, components and transformers from Dockery amps. I've tweaked it a bit from the original spec trying to make it my own. I built the chassis and cabinet in my shop.

Tonewise, it's very versatile. The clean channel is just amazing. Crisp deep and articulate. The crunch channel is huge and ballsy. Kinda Hiwattish. The cascade mode can only be described as "Brown" with an attitude.

Here is the inside.

Photo_080907_001.jpg

Here's the chassis

DCP_0041.JPG

Without the cabinet

DCP_10075.JPG

And yes, I'm a bit frustrated with Vista's inability to work with most high resolution sound systems.

Nice build, :p

Is this kit from the Weber Speaker site?

Yeah, Vista sure sucks. I was just about to buy a computer from Dell and the salesperson tried to persuade me to purchase a computer with Vista, trying to convince me it Microsoft's newest operation system.

I just said: "I'm a software developer (my occupation), can you guarantee me that I won't have any Microsoft registration issues when I install programming software? I want to use this computer from the get go, not waiting for patches or get around registration issues."

Dell salesperson: "O-kay, I'll see what I could do for you."

Thanks for sharing those pics - looks awesome.

I've been jonesing on doing another amp build for a while now. I'm hoping to get a kit sometime this winter. Sucks that building amps is so much $ I've been keeping busy with pedals in the meantime.

Thanks, guys!

I got the parts from Loy at www.dockeryamps.com. Ultra reasonable prices and just a GREAT guy to deal with!!!!

Latest posts

Back